These services include:
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations
- Identifying medical conditions that are hearing related
- Fitting and dispensing of hearing aids and instruments
- Tinnitus diagnosis and treatment
- Preventive custom made hearing protection
What Is an Audiologist?
An audiologist is a hearing health professional who has received licensure in one of a couple of ways. The American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) is the certifying body for audiologists. You can ask to check an audiologists qualifications to see if they have a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (known as a CCC-A) from ASHA. People can also receive a Doctorate of Audiology (Au.D) to become audiologists.