Lyric Hearing Aids
Lyric – The contact lens for your ear.
With the Lyric hearing instrument, you never miss a word. The best part? No one can see how well you hear. Lyric is the world’s only 100% invisible extended-wear hearing device that sits invisibly in the ear canal, making it out sight and out of mind.
Lyric is a completely different way to hear better— with Lyric, you’ll never have to worry about bulky devices that feel outdated and conspicuous! If you’re ready to make the switch today, find your local team. We have:
- Audiologists in Greenville
- Audiologists in New Bern
- Audiologists in Wilmington
- Audiologists in Southpoint
Give your local team a call today and never miss a sound!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lyric
Have you been considering making the switch to Lyric but wondering if it’s the right choice for you and your lifestyle? Our team of expert audiologists has put together a list of frequently asked questions to help you make the switch!
What is Lyric?
Lyric is a hearing aid that has been designed for modern users who want a less invasive product that provides high-quality hearing support. It’s 100% invisible from the outside, as the small device is placed within the ear canal. The revolutionary design can be worn 24/7, for months at a time, during most daily activities like sleeping, showering, and exercising.
What does Lyric do?
Lyric amplifies the sound for users, just as a traditional hearing aid would. The difference is that no one is the wiser, as an outsider cannot see that you have a device in place. Lyric mitigates many of the day-to-day hassles that plague current iterations of hearing aids in the market.
How is Lyric different?
- Lyric has a few key differences from other hearing devices:
- Extended Wear — Months of service without needing to be replaced
- 100% Invisible — Sits inside the ear canal
- No Battery Changing — The battery life lasts for months depending on ear conditions
- Hassle-Free — No daily insertion/removal required
- Clear, natural sound — Captures sounds naturally even in noisy background situations ensuring you can hear everything that counts
- Continuous wear — 24/7 wear period for months at a time during normal events like sleeping, showering and exercising
Can I insert and remove Lyric myself?
When it comes to insertion and/or removal of the Lyric device, a consultation with our audiologist is needed. Unlike traditional hearing aids, the batteries in Lyric last up to months at a time — there are no batteries to purchase or fiddling with a small device to try and replace the battery. The battery is designed to last for multiple months, as Lyric is a constant service instead of a device that can be turned on and off. Should you need help with the device or if your Lyric stops working, consult our office.
Does Your Current Hearing Technology Meet Your Needs?
You don’t have to miss out on any sounds any longer when you schedule an appointment with Audiology of North Carolina. Our audiologists will examine your current technology to see if it’s meeting your needs.